Sunday, April 27, 2014

Good Girl Moonshine - aka “Ginger Juice”

Just Receive this from a friend…

Fill a quart sized jar with water and ice.
Add  1 -2 Tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar. I use Braggs.
Add 1 tsp of  ginger powder, fresh ginger root or a few drop of ginger essential oil to taste
Add a few shakes of Nustevia Pure Extract Powder to taste. I only  use 3-4 shakes because I don’t like things too sweet but you can play with  sweetness and try more. If you use Truvia – try 3-5 tsp.  I prefer to use liquid stevia.

img_6052
Gratitude Journal – Cross-Posted at the Encouraging Home: I certainly can’t take credit for this refreshing, invigorating drink, but I have been making countless jars of it, and drinking it down every day since learning about it last week.
along with my {seemingly} very thirsty children. :)

*****I have edited this to say that perhaps I am a bit “crunchy” or have weird taste buds . . .
because not everyone I talk to likes good girl moonshine or some of my other faves
like I and my family do.

Maybe we’re just weird like that. There that’s all I’m going to say.
You’ve been warned and now you’ll just have to try it for yourself!*****

It’s been over three months now, and I am even more enthused about the way of eating and wholesome living that has helped me drop approximately 8 pounds, {though it could easily be more . . .

I just didn’t have a working scales until about 3 weeks into this way of Trim Healthy eating},
has cleared up more than 90% of my PMS, including many, many headaches, and gives me much needed energy and a “clear” mind vs. the foggy brain that I get on a sugar and carb laden diet.

I have had my days of cheats (my friends know this usually means chocolate chips),
but for the most part, I have been enjoying great food that makes me feel great too!

Good Girl Moonshine is just one more way that the authors of Trim Healthy Mama
continue to teach and give through their book, as well as their Facebook page
and private Facebook groups, which any female may ask to be a part of.
It really is a wealth of support and information.


Here is a bit of what Serene had to say about this lovely, refreshing drink.

img_6074{I look forward to drinking this on hot summer days!
Husband loves it too and says I should buy seltzer water
to add to it and give it even more pep.}

*****************************

“Since I (Serene, coauthor of THM) have been enjoying such copious amounts of my new favorite drink, I decided to do some studies about ginger. What do you know? I read that ginger actually dulls the appetite. But, I noticed this first hand before I even read this merit of ginger. Ginger heats up the thermogenic temperature of the body the metabolism which gives a double punch alongside apple cider vinegar’s own weight loss talents.

. . . Ginger is a potent digestive aid and fires up the digestive juices. It reduces flatulence and eases tummy cramps. It improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body. . . . Ginger clears the micro-circulatory channels of the body including the easily clogged sinuses. It clears throat and nose congestion and is a wonderful immune stimulant along with apple cider vinegar. Ginger is up at the top of the list with the most potent anti-inflammatory supplements on God’s green earth and can relieve common aches and pains and even help with more serious arthritic conditions.

Here are just some of the goodies Apple Cider Vinegar offers you:
•It is abundant in potassium which is imperative for growth and building muscles, the transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity and preventing brittle teeth and hair loss.
•It encourages weight loss by breaking down fats to be used instead of stored in your adipose tissue.
•It is loaded with acetic acid which slows the digestion of starch and lowers the rise in glucose levels that occur post mealtime.
•It is anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial due to its high levels of malic acid.
•It is super alkalinizing though being rich in ash.
•It lowers bad cholesterol and helps to regulate blood pressure.
•It is a powerful detox tool and improves bowel function
•It clarifies the skin
•New research reveals it shows strength in killing cancer cells or slowing their growth.

Hey if you hate ginger – no worries. Just leave it out. Add a few drops of your favorite edible young living essential oils like sweet orange or lemon. You could also add natural flavor extracts like maple flavoring etc.”

img_6067

So what are you waiting for? Again… Here’s the recipe!

Good Girl Moonshine {aka “Ginger Juice”}

•Fill a quart sized jar with water and ice.
•Add a generous drizzle of raw apple cider vinegar (I use 2 Tablespoons)
•Add 1 teaspoon of ginger powder or (my favorite) is to press about an inch
of fresh ginger in my garlic or lemon press for that delightful fresh taste.
•Add a few shakes of stevia to taste {Nustevia Pure Extract Powder is excellent).
And that’s it! Let me know how you like it,
whether I’m the one introducing you to it,
or if you’ve been drinking it for days now.

gg moonshine on gratitudejournalblog

{And I’m warning you, if you want any for yourself, don’t let your children get their first taste.}

No comments: