Monday, October 20, 2008

Your Thyroid Might Be the Culprit


Katie, age 54, suffered from severe fatigue for six years. "I go to bed tired, and I wake up tired," she lamented. Also Katie complained of other symptoms of hypothyroidism. She said, "I can't believe how I look. I feel like someone took a bicycle pump and blew up my face. Also, my hair is falling out and my skin is extremely dry no matter what I do to it." Katie's blood tests revealed significantly elevated TSH and a very low T3 level, indicating a hypothyroid condition. Within two months of treatment many of Katie's symptoms were markedly better.

Even my friends were commenting how much better I looked. They all noticed that I looked like I had lost weight. I did lose a few pounds, but I think they were noticing the difference in my face. It no longer looks swollen," she reported.

Katie also reported a return of her energy level when the hypothyroidism was appropriately treated. This is an after photo; the picture of  her face 'before and after' thyroid treatment was amazing, no more puffiness of her face. If you are just not getting better, you may be suffering from hypothyroidism.

No comments: